Saturday 23 October 2010

Bill Hicks

http://www.media.wmg-is.com/media/portal/media/cms/images/201008/bill-hicks-extralarge_1282945106969.jpg

I have been a big fan of Bill Hicks since a friend introduced me to him a couple of years ago. I've not got round to watching American - The Bill Hicks story yet, which came out earlier this year but I did get my hands on Bill Hicks - The Essential Collection. I had my reservations about buying it as I know a lot of these re-releases, of what they deem to be an essential collection are just a re hash of things that had been on previous releases. This was partly true, as I had heard some of it on releases such as Salvation and Relentless, however, as I went through the cd there was more and more actual 'previously unreleased' material. Some of this was poorly recorded bootleg stuff taken from tours but it WAS new material. The mp3 download you get with the box set is also well worth a listen, in fact it's nearly worth buying the set if only for the downloads, which are a set of original recordings of songs entitled Lo-Fi Troubadour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment