Tuesday 14 September 2010

Black Country Communion

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgnzaATtnq9V1_cTZraTXYZoUQ0LyKG9QM7P4JnJJkguJsB9v632-ymdGjo-uRFP-iLio6-0HWyjK9awLnvwXX-qbRuweySP7Tfk7ZfbSW4THeqsPFIFqqg5zfoY-LKG1vf9A-mYhlxazg/s1600/0bcc1.jpg
There have been a few "super groups" of late such as Chickenfoot and Them Crooked Vultures, but I have to say I didn't rush out to buy either of the debut albums. However, I have found a new super group which has got me frothing at the mouth (I'm 90% sure this isn't rabies related) - Black Country Communion 
The members are: Glenn Hughes, Joe Bonamassa, Jason Bonham and Derek Sherinian
Glenn Hughes is very much a veteran of the rock scene, with stints in Trapeze, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath (amongst others), and an album with Toni Iommi (an all-time hero of mine). I read a recent interview with Hughes and he said that he has gone back to his 'funk' roots on this album, this mixed with Bonamassa's blues background promises to be a crackin mix. I'm also hoping that Jason Bonham brings his dad's energy and that Derek Sherinian brings the melodic rock of Dream Theater to the mix.
To me this all looks very promising, I'm just really hoping that this isn't another super group that never lives up to the hype.
The Album 'Black Country Communion" is out 21st September.

Image courtesy of classic-rock-and-more.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment