Sunday 12 September 2010

Pearl Jam Bootlegs

 http://sleevage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/pearljam_boolegs_montage.jpg
I have been a huge fan of Pearl Jam for ages, but only within the last year did I become aware of their live bootlegs on their website! I had no idea how much material they'd covered, from All along the Watchtower to Baba O'Riley. I believe they started this in 2000 in order to beat the bootleggers at their own game by getting fans to upload songs onto napster, the band then turned some of these into albums. Obviously some songs/albums are better than others with some iffy numbers but due to plethora of excellent material on these bootlegs I think Eddie and Co. can be let off a couple. The first bootleg I got was Wembley Arena 29/05/2000 which is a brilliant recording and then two more from 2008, both of these also had great sound quality. The one thing about the bootlegs is that once you've heard a couple you're pretty much sorted and only die hard fans/nutters would get all of them.
Although the idea of a archive of bootlegs was genius and every Pearl Jam fan should get one!

Picture courtesy of sleevage.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for introducing them to me :)
    I know this is a seriously generic comment but I'm loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete