Monday 13 September 2010

Fireworks

http://www.melodicrock.com/fireworks/FW41.jpg
I recently saw this independent magazine (Fireworks) in WHSmith and later found out that this is the first issue that has been distributed throughout the whole of the UK although the magazine has been running for ten years. There is an issue every two months and its main focus is on rock and metal music. There are also in-depth reviews of new releases and gigs. I bought the magazine about three days ago and read it for a couple of hours and I've still got another 3/5th of it to go! I'm well aware that this isn't the best way of quantifying how much material is in there beacause I may be like a slug when it comes to reading but I assure you there's alot in the magazine. The vast majority of it is really well written and for any rock/metal fans I would give it a go. The free CD on this issue is also excellent, with tracks from up and coming artists such as Bronz, Wheels of Fire and Sister Sin. I generally don't hold very high expectations for samplers but all these songs really grow on you.  

Image courtesy of melodicrock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment